We provide comprehensive care for children adopted internationally, including counseling for families in the adoption process and a comprehensive evaluation of the child upon return to the Austin area.
Please call 512-628-1820 or E-mail us for details regarding international pre- and post-adoption consultations.
- Review of medical records, photos, and videotapes to counsel the adopting parents regarding their child’s potential health needs.
- Pre-travel counseling including vaccinations and prescriptions for all family members.
- Available by phone and email while abroad.
- A complete physical and developmental examination of child upon arrival to the Austin area.
- Complete laboratory evaluation for underlying infectious diseases and illnesses seen in internationally adopted children.
- Dietary assessment and counseling for the family specific to their child’s needs.
- Immediate vaccinations as needed.
- Referral to a primary care physician in the Austin area after the initial assessment.
- Referral to additional pediatric specialists, if needed.
- Social work services available, if needed.