Kids in Cars is a community program made possible by Dell Children’s Medical Center (DCMC) and Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT). Our program provides English/Spanish car seat inspections and education at no cost and serves 5 counties: Bastrop, Caldwell, Hays, Travis and Williamson. We partner with volunteers from our community to provide this service. Therefore, availability of car seat inspection appointments may vary. Caregivers should contact 512-324-TOTS (8687) to check availability and/or schedule a car seat inspection.
Kids in Cars Program Coverage Area
By scheduling a car seat inspection with us, caregivers can receive assistance from a trained and certified Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST).
During an inspection our technicians will:
- Inspect your car seats to ensure they are not recalled, expired, or unsafe to use.
- Determine if the car seat is the correct fit for the child’s height and weight.
- Help families learn how to install their car seats, and ensure they are compatible with their vehicle.
- Help families learn how to properly harness their child in the car seat.
- Provide families with car seat and booster seat educational materials.
- Answer any questions or concerns families have about their child’s safety while riding.