Dell Children’s Regional Heart Center, a partnership with UT Southwestern Medical Center, offers a number of cardiac-related procedures, programs and services for children in Central Texas:
- Cardiac Surgery Clinic: We use state-of-the-art cardiac operating rooms equipped with the latest technology, and all surgical procedures are performed under the care of specially trained pediatric cardiac anesthesiologists.
- Cardiac catheterization: Cardiac catheterizations help diagnose and treat heart conditions, often allowing for less invasive treatments compared to open heart surgery.
- Cardiac diagnostics: We provide a full range of advanced cardiac diagnostic tests for children with heart health concerns who are currently the hospital, as well as those participating in outpatient studies.
- Electrophysiology: Pediatric cardiologists conduct electrophysiology studies (EPS) to diagnose arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat) in kids and teens.
- ECMO: ECMO uses specially designed mechanical devices to temporarily support the heart or lungs if they fail to function correctly.
- Support services: We offer a number of unique support services and programs to help the young people at Dell Children’s and their families.