What is special about the Texas Center for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease at Dell Children’s Medical Center?
- We’re the only comprehensive children’s heart center in Central Texas.
- Our team is made up of caregivers from pediatric heart surgery, cardiology, anesthesia and critical care to provide world-class quality care to children with congenital heart defects and acquired heart disease.
- A team of medical experts from across the state uses virtual care– a network of electronic communication technologies based at Dell Children’s – to collaborate and discuss care plans for patients. Staying in touch through live, privately televised conversations means that doctors can share information, minimize unnecessary diagnostic tests and shorten hospital stays for your child.
- Dell Children’s Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) Program is the only pediatric ECMO program in Austin. ECMO is the use of mechanical devices to temporarily support heart or lung function during cardiopulmonary failure, providing time for a child’s lungs and/or heart to rest and recover.
- We provide lifesaving operations for children from developing countries through collaboration with the HeartGift Foundation. These children leave Austin with repaired hearts and a new sense of hope for the future.