What is special about Dell Children’s Regional Heart Center, a partnership with UT Southwestern Medical Center?
- Our Cardiac Surgery Clinic uses state-of-the-art cardiac operating rooms and catheterization labs, continuing our long tradition of providing excellent pediatric cardiac care for children in Central Texas.
- Our team is made up of caregivers from pediatric cardiac surgery, cardiology, anesthesia and critical care who are working together in partnership with the UTSW Division of Pediatric Cardiothoracic surgery to provide world-class quality care to children with congenital heart defects and acquired heart disease.
- A team of medical experts from across the state uses telemedicine – a network of electronic communication technologies based at Dell Children’s – to collaborate and discuss care plans for patients. Staying in touch through live, privately televised conversations means that doctors can share information, minimize unnecessary diagnostic tests and shorten hospital stays for your child.
- Dell Children’s Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) Program is the only pediatric ECMO program in Austin. ECMO is the use of mechanical devices to temporarily support heart or lung function during cardiopulmonary failure, providing time for a child’s lungs and/or heart to rest and recover.
- We provide lifesaving operations for children from developing countries through collaboration with the HeartGift Foundation. These children leave Austin with repaired hearts and a new sense of hope for the future.