Dell Children’s Health Plan offers affordable health insurance for families. You can get more information about CHIP and STAR health insurance programs at dellchildrenshealthplan.com.
Seton Health Plan has changed to Dell Children’s Health Plan as of December 1, 2016.
What Are CHIP and STAR?
- CHIP (Children’s Health Insurance Plan) provides health insurance for families. It is available if you make too much money to qualify for Medicaid. Some of the benefits that CHIP covers are medical, dental, vision and behavioral health. Children are covered from birth to age 18.
- STAR is a managed healthcare plan offered through Texas Medicaid. It allows you to receive Medicaid services through a primary care doctor. Some of the benefits that STAR covers are medical, dental, vision and behavioral health. Children are covered from birth to age 20.
Why Dell Children’s Health Plan CHIP and STAR?
There are many benefits for Dell Children’s Health Plan CHIP and STAR members, including:
- Choose your own doctor
- Get help from medical specialists when needed
- Receive prescription drugs and vaccines
- Get transportation to medical appointments and women’s health services
Children covered by Dell Children’s Health Plan have access to regular eye exams, dental exams, mental health services and much more. See a list of benefits for more information.
Please call 1-800-964-2777 to schedule an appointment to apply for CHIP or STAR.