The dermatology clinic treats children with a wide range of skin disorders:
|Atopic Dermatitis||Periorifical Dermatitis|
|Bumps, Lumps, and Growths||Port Wine Stains|
|Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, Morphea, Dermatomyositis)||Psoriasis|
|Genetic Skin Conditions||Ringworm|
|Hair Disorders||Skin Cancers|
|Hemangiomas of Infancy||Spider Angiomas|
|Hyperhydrosis (Excessive Sweating)||Vitiligo|
|Infections of the Skin (Bacterial, Fungal, Viral, etc.)||Warts|
The clinic also provides treatment for genetic skin diseases such as ichthyosis and epidermolysis bullosa, and skin manifestations of systemic diseases including lupus erythematosus and diabetes. Medical or laser treatment of birthmarks is available here or in conjunction with the vascular birthmark group.
- Cryotherapy for molluscum, warts, and other skin growths (CPT codes 17110/17111)
- Cantharadin applications for molluscum (CPT 17100/17111)
- Intralesional immunotherapy for warts
- Topical immunotherapy for warts
- Minor skin surgery
- Excision and removal; simple and intermediate defect repair, simple and subcuticular closure; shaving of lesions; curettage and electrodessication
- Vascular destruction of pyogenic granulomas
- Narrowband Ultraviolet B Therapy (CPT 96910)
- Pulsed Dye Laser Treatments (CPT 17106-17108): Medically indicated for port wine stains (ICD Q82.5), hemangiomas (ICD D18.01), and other proliferative vascular lesions. Cosmetic indications for spider angiomas, scars, etc.
Outpatient Surgery Procedures
These procedures are performed by Dr. Levy, Dr. Diaz, and Dr. Ruth at Dell Children’s Medical Center in Austin. Use of general anesthesia is often indicated for more involved cases. Minor skin surgeries and laser treatments may be performed under general anesthesia depending upon the location and size of the lesion, as well as the age of the patient.
- Acne Care (English and Spanish)
- Eczema Care (English and Spanish)
- Wet Wrap Instructions (English and Spanish)
- Warts & Molluscum Contagiosum Information (English and Spanish)
- Society for Pediatric Dermatology
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Section on Dermatology
- Epidermolysis Bullosa
- Vitiligo Foundation
- Nevus Outreach
- National Alopecia Areata Foundation
- Vascular Birthmarks Foundation
- National Psoriasis Foundation
- Foundation for Ichythyosis and Related Skin Types
- National Organization of Rare Diseases
- National Eczema Association
- National Foundation for Ectodermal Dysplasia
- iPledge Program
- Derm-Rheum Clinic – For information or to schedule, please call 512-628-1920 and choose option 4 (nurse line) to speak to a nurse.
- VAC (Vascular Anomalies Clinic) – For information or to schedule, please call 512-628-1920 and choose option 4 (nurse line) to speak to a nurse.