Glossary of Names for Vascular Birthmarks
- Angel kiss: Refers to a birthmark that is a capillary malformation, usually found on the face.
- Cystic hygroma: This is a term that is no longer used for a lymphatic malformation found on the neck or axilla (armpit).
- Salmon patch or macular stain: Capillary malformation found either on the face or lower back, sometimes butterfly shaped.
- Strawberry hemangioma: Infantile hemangioma, smaller in size.
- Stork bite: Capillary malformation usually found on the nape of the neck.