Every new child’s case is reviewed by a team of caregivers who meet with the child and family to identify goals of care and priorities, then develop a virtual care plan. The care plan is available to families on their mobile device, as well as a paper version. This care plan may be shared with other providers and family members providing an up to date summary of their child’s conditions and treatment plans, as well as their likes, dislikes, hopes and dreams.
Each child and family is assigned a primary registered nurse who is available to them by mobile phone. The primary nurse coordinates services, supplies, and medications needed for the child. An after hours phone provides access to a medical provider on the care team who is familiar with their child’s medical history. Same-day appointments are available.
Here are some of the key services we strive to provide:
- Coordinate subspecialist recommendations
- Give access to pediatric primary care providers 24/7
- Provide direct phone access to primary nurse Monday through Friday
- Coordinate services, supplies, and medications
- Build lasting relationships with children and their families
- Offer comprehensive behavioral health services for the whole family
- Support entire family – parents, caregivers, and siblings, through child life and social work services that bring families together and build community