Maria Cooper Scranton, MD
Year Joined ARC: 2000
Education: B.A. in Biology from Austin College, Sherman, TX, 1987.
Medical School: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, 1991
Residency Internship: Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA, 1994
Certification: Board Certified in Pediatrics
Professional Positions and Honors:
- Serves on the Legislative Committee of the Texas Pediatric Society, submitting proposals and reviewing laws that affect children.
- Member, Pediatric Council Committee of the Texas Pediatric Society
- Top Doc Award from UTMB medical students, 2007
- Faculty Teaching Award and Program Director’s Gratitude Award from the Austin Pediatric Education Program, 2000
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Super Doctors, Texas Monthly, 2012, 2015, 2016
- Super Doctors, Austin Monthly, 2013
Languages Spoken: Medical Spanish
Personal Summary: Dr. Scranton has three children. She says that most of her free time is spent as their "chauffeur, cheerleader, and occasional nag!" She also enjoys reading, sprint triathalons, and boating.