Temporary Visitor Guidelines
March 15, 2020
As part of a comprehensive response to preparedness for the COVID-19 outbreak, Ascension has evaluated our visitor procedures. Our guidance addresses the safety of our associates and the persons with whom we are privileged to serve, in addition to ensuring that we continue to deliver optimal care and seeks to balance that with our patients’ rights to receive visitors. Our priority is to reduce transmission risk among associates and residents, protecting people who are at higher risk for adverse health complications.
Therefore, until further notice, please comply with the following guidance:
- If you, the patient, are suspected to have or have COVID 19, only 1 visitor will be allowed to visit. Please discuss virtual visitation options with your nurse.
- All visitors will be screened prior to entering our facilities.
- No visitors who screen positive for cough, fever, or difficulty breathing will be allowed to visit.
- No visitors who are under investigation for or confirmed COVID-19 are allowed to visit.
- Only ONE visitor will be allowed at a time.
- It is recommended that visitors be 18 years of age or older.
If there are extenuating circumstances, including compassionate visitations for patients at the end of life, please talk to your nurse. Your nurse will discuss the concern with your healthcare team to determine appropriate visitation that is safe for you and our associates. All decisions are made in an effort to ensure the safety of our patients, visitors and associates. Visitors should wash their hands and/or use an alcohol-based hand rub prior to entering and when leaving a patient’s room, and should limit their movement throughout the facility.
This is for your protection. We appreciate your cooperation on this procedure.