Temporary Visitor Guidelines
September 1, 2021
Dell Children’s has updated the visitation policy in response to the current increase in COVID-19 cases in our communities. Visitor limitations within all Ascension care settings are necessary for the safety of our patients, visitors, care teams and community to control the spread of the virus.
What visitors need to know before entering:
Dell Children’s Inpatient Visitors
- No visitors under 12 years of age
- Non-COVID-19 patients: Two (2) visitors at a time that may be rotated between four (4) people.
- COVID-19 positive patients: One (1) visitor. Must stay for the duration of the hospitalization or until isolation is discontinued.
- All visitors will be required to complete a screening for entry including temperature checks.
Dell Children’s ER (due to social distancing requirements in waiting rooms)
- One (1) visitor permitted per patient.
Dell Children’s Surgery and Hospital Clinics
- Two (2) visitors permitted per patient.
What visitors need to do once cleared for entry:
- Must wear a mask and practice social distancing while in the patient room and any area of the facility.
- Must stay in the patient room or designated area – limit going to other areas in the hospital.
- Must wash your hands and use hand sanitizer before and after your visit.
- Please discuss any questions with the care team.
Virtual communications with your loved ones are always encouraged. Thank you for following these guidelines to keep our patients, visitors, care teams and community safe during this time.