Members love our extra benefits.
Members love our extra benefits.
As a Dell Children’s Health Plan member, you can expect more. On top of the health care coverage you get with any CHIP or STAR Medicaid health plan, we offer many extra benefits that our members love!
Limitations and restrictions may apply. This list is not all inclusive. See your member handbook for more information.
The following extra benefits are available beginning September 1, 2022.
Earn rewards for doing healthy activities, like getting certain checkups or treatments:
- $120 for completing 6 Texas Health Steps/well-child checkups per the Texas Health Steps/American Academy of Pediatrics visit schedule (ages 0-15 months)
- Up to $60 ($20 each visit) for Texas Health Steps/well-child checkups at 18, 24, and 30 months
- $20 each year for Texas Health Steps (STAR members 3-20)/well-child checkups (ages 3-18)
- $20 for getting the full series of rotavirus vaccine before age 2
- $25 for getting the full series of flu vaccine, ages 6-24 months (gift card allowance for over-the-counter medicines)
- $25 each year for getting a flu vaccination, for members ages 3 or older (gift card allowance for over-the-counter medicines)
- $20 for members ages 6-12 newly diagnosed with ADHD who have a follow-up visit with their prescribing provider within 30 days after starting their medication treatment
- $20 for having a follow-up outpatient visit with a mental health provider within seven days of discharge from the hospital for a mental health stay—up to four times per year
- $20 for getting a full series of the HPV (human papillomavirus) vaccination, for members ages 9-13
- Overnight summer camp at El Ranchito for children ages 9 to 18. Must have current checkup and up to date vaccines.
- $20 for receiving diabetes screening, one time reward
- $20 for diabetes maintenance, achieving glucose level HbA1c less than 8 – up to two times per year
- $50 for receiving a prenatal checkup in the first trimester of pregnancy or within 42 days of joining the health plan.
- $75 for receiving a postpartum checkup 7-84 days after giving birth.
- Extra $100 for upgraded lenses and frames every two years.
- Extra $100 for a fitting fee and contacts instead of glasses every two years .
Call Superior Vision of Texas at 1-800-879-6901 or visit their website for these benefits.
- Up to $500 each year for checkups, x-rays, cleanings, fillings and extractions for STAR members ages 21 and older.
- Up to $500 each year for checkups, x-rays, cleanings, fillings, and extractions for CHIP Perinate members ages 19 and older.
Neighborhood center/Club memberships
- Free membership at Williamson, Burnet, and Hays County YMCA locations for kids ages 12 years and younger.
- Up to $50 per semester for a Boys & Girls Club basic membership for kids ages 5-19 years, where available.
Safety gear for your family
- Up to $35 toward items at Dell Children’s Simply Safety Center for members ages 3-18 who get an initial health assessment or an annual well-child checkup within 90 days of joining the plan.
- A convertible car seat at Dell Children’s Simply Safety Center for pregnant members who complete 6 prenatal visits.
- The Simply Safety Center is located within Dell Children’s Medical Center.
Sports and school physicals
- One sports or school physical each year for members through age 18.
Asthma, Diabetes, Substance Use Disorder and Cardiovascular Disease Management
- Allergy-free pillow cover (one per year) for members ages 20 and younger who have asthma and are in a disease management program.
- Allergy-free mattress cover sizes twin-king (one per year) for members ages 20 and younger who have asthma and are in a disease management program.
- Educational materials for members in one of our disease management programs for diabetes, asthma, weight management, substance use disorder, or hypertension.
- We have resources to support pregnant women and with early parenting, and for all members ages 13 and older with stress, anxiety, depression, chronic pain or substance abuse.
- Members between the school grades 9 and 12 are eligible for a $25 reward per semester for either of the following. Limit 2 reward cards per school year. Members have up to 90 days after completing the activity to request reward.
- A GPA of 3.5 or greater.
- Attendance record of 95% or higher.
- For members ages 17 to 20, Dell Children’s Health Plan will cover the fee of the high school equivalency test.
- For members ages 17 and older, Dell Children’s Health Plan will cover the cost of GED on-line preparation courses and coaching sessions.
- Email DCHPCommunityOutreach@ascension.org to access the Education benefits.
24-hour Nurse HelpLine
- Nurses staff our helpline 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can get advice toll-free at 1-855-712-6700 (TTY 711).
- You can get help with transportation to doctor appointments, Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) offices, Member Advisory Group (MAG) meetings, food banks, grocery stores, and more. There is a limit of one ride per member per month for WIC and MAG appointments.
- To schedule a ride, please call 844‐867‐2742 (TTY 711).
- Dell Children’s Health Plan will use Access2Care to arrange travel.
- You can call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Find the app using a search for Access2Care or A2C.
Social Services resource directory
- Members can access the Social Services resource directory online to help locate community supports such as food and nutrition, housing, education, and employment services through https://neighborhoodresource.findhelp.com/
- Spiritual care attends to our members’ spiritual needs as they cope with illness, loss, grief or pain and to help them heal emotionally regaining a sense of spiritual well being.