Dell Children’s Health Plan CHIP and STAR gives coverage to families who can’t pay for their own private insurance.
- CHIP: Some of the benefits that CHIP covers are medical, dental, vision, and behavioral health. There are 0 to small enrollment fees and co-payments (based on income), and children are covered from birth to age 18.
- STAR: Some of the benefits that STAR covers are medical, dental, vision, and behavioral health. There are 0 enrollment fees and co-payments, and children are covered from birth to age 20.
For more information specific to your plan, such as replacing a lost or stolen ID card, please log in to your member portal by clicking below:
Member PortalAccess My Account
What Is the Difference between Medicaid (STAR) and CHIP?
Families with lower incomes may qualify for Medicaid. If your income is a little higher than what Medicaid allows, then you might be eligible for CHIP. Medicaid families do not have copays. Some CHIP families, depending on their income, might have to pay from $3 to $35 to receive services.
How Much Do I Have to Earn to Qualify for CHIP or STAR?
- Find your family size on the left side of this chart. Follow that row to the right.
- Is your family’s income less than the monthly or yearly income shown in the orange Medicaid section?* If so, your children might get Medicaid.
- If your income is higher, follow the row to the green CHIP section. Your children might get CHIP if your income is less than the monthly or yearly income shown in the green section. Children of families that earn higher incomes may also qualify in some cases.
*Income is money you get paid before taxes are taken out.
**A family of one might be a child who does not live with a parent or other relative.
What Is the Process?
Once you send your application to the Health and Human Services Commission, they will process it and let you know if you qualify for CHIP or (STAR) Children’s Medicaid.
CHIP coverage lasts for a year. STAR coverage generally lasts for 6 months.
Near the end of your coverage, you will receive an application for renewal. Complete it and return it as soon as possible. HHSC will process your renewal application. If you are having problems, we are also here to help you through the renewal process. You can call our Dell Children’s CHIP & STAR Member Services at 888-596-0268 or by sending us a secure email.
Please contact Member Services at 1-888-596-0268 (TTY 711) to obtain the member handbook in audio, in larger print, in braille, or in another language other than English or Spanish.