Thank you for choosing Dell Children’s Health Plan.
As a member, you can count on quality care from a Central Texas expert in pediatric medicine. If you ever have questions, concerns, or need help, please call us at 1-888-596-0268 (TTY 711) or fill out a contact form. We cover:
- Choice of doctors, regular checkups and office visits
- Access to medical specialists and mental health care
- Prescription drugs
- Hospital care and services
- Medical supplies
- Lab tests
- Treatment of special health needs
- Treatment of pre-existing conditions
- Dentist visits
- Teeth cleanings and fillings
- Eye exams and glasses
- Plus more CHIP and STAR Medicaid Benefits
such as replacing a lost or stolen ID card.
Our members get all of the benefits of their CHIP or STAR Medicaid coverage above, plus many extra benefits, such as:
- Earn rewards for doing healthy activities, like getting certain checkups or treatments
- Extra vision benefits for contacts or upgraded lenses and frames
- YMCA and Boys & Girls Club memberships
- Car booster seat
- Safety helmet
- Sports and school physical
- Taking Care of Baby & Me® program for pregnant or new moms
- myStrength® program for mental well-being
- Plus even more extra benefits!
Limitations and restrictions may apply.
Below are the handbooks for families with CHIP or STAR Medicaid. These are useful guides for learning about your coverage, how to access your benefits and where to go when you have questions. Call Member Services at 888-596-0268 to have a paper form of the Member Handbook mailed to you at no cost, within 5 business days of request.
CHIP – Perinatal
- CHIP Perinate Member Handbook- English (PDF, 2.3MB)
- CHIP Perinate Member Handbook- Español (PDF, 2.8MB)
We can also provide a member handbook in:
- Large print
- A language other than English or Spanish
Please contact Member Services at 1-888-596-0268 (TTY 711) to request.
Renew Your Coverage
You must renew your CHIP or STAR Medicaid coverage every year to stay a member of Dell Children’s Health Plan.
Do You Need a Translator or Interpreter?
If you do not speak English, a translator can help at no cost during doctor visits. Please let us know if you need a translator at least two days before your appointment by calling 1-888-596-0268 (TTY 711).
Members can also get free oral interpretation services and information in other formats, such as Braille, audio or large print. Just call us at 1-888-596-0268 (TTY 711).
Other Benefits Assistance
If you’d like additional help for any of the services below, call 2-1-1. After you choose a language, select option 1. The 2-1-1 staff are available Monday thru Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Central time.
- Food pantries
- Senior services
- Child care
- After-school programs
- Disaster help
- Tax help
- Help paying for drugs ordered by your doctor
- Help paying your rent or utilities