With You Every Step of the Way
If you call after 6 p.m. or on a weekend or holiday, leave us a message and we will call you back the next business day. We can help in many different languages and dialects, including Spanish.
Here are some things we can help you with:
- Becoming a member
- Accessing plan services and extra benefits
- Finding or choosing a doctor
- Getting a new member ID card
- Renewing your benefits
- Complaints and medical appeals
- Rights and responsibilities
- Or discussing any other concerns, complaints or questions you may have
Learn more about how to become a member.
24-Hour Nurse HelpLine
If you or your child has an emergency, you should call 911 or go to the nearest hospital emergency room right away.
Call our 24-hour Nurse HelpLine at 1-888-596-0268 (TTY 711) if you need advice on:
- How soon your child needs care for an illness
- What kind of health care is needed
- What to do to take care of your child before you see the provider
- How you can get the care that is needed
For members who do not speak English, we can help in many different languages and dialects, including Spanish. All interpreter services are available through the 24-hour Nurse HelpLine.
Behavioral Health and Substance Abuse Services
The Behavioral Health and Substance Abuse Services line is open to members 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-888-596-0268 (TTY 711). It is a free service, in English or Spanish. For other languages, interpreter services are available. If you or your child has an emergency, you should call 911 or go to the nearest hospital emergency room right away.
To get behavioral health services, make an appointment with a doctor in our network. You can find a list of doctors using the Find a Doctor search tool.
Referrals and Prior Authorizations
Sometimes your provider will need you to see a specialist or another provider for services he or she can’t provide (referral). Your doctor may also need us to approve certain services before you get them (prior authorization).
Other Important Phone Numbers
- STAR Medicaid Program: If you have questions about the STAR Medicaid Program or need help choosing or changing health plans, call 1-800-964-2777 or TTY 1-800-735-2989 for callers who are hearing impaired. Business hours are Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Central time.
- CHIP Program: If you have questions regarding eligibility, call 2-1-1.
- Pharmacy and Prescriptions: If you need help finding a pharmacy, or if you have problems getting prescriptions filled, call us at 1-888-596-0268 (TTY 711).
- Vision Care: If you need help with vision care, call Superior Vision at 1-800-879-6901.
- Dental Care: If you have dental questions, call MCNA Dental at 1-800-494-6262.
- Your Child’s Development: If you have questions about your child’s development, call the Texas Early Childhood Intervention Program at 1-800-628-5115.
- Texas Health Steps: The number for Texas Health Steps is 1-877-847-8377 (877-THSteps).
HHSC Dental Contractors
- CHIP: 1-800-508-6775
- Medicaid: 1-800-516-0165
MCNA Dental: 1-800-494-6262
Fair Hearing Contact Information
To ask for a fair hearing, you or your representative should either call Member Services at 1-888-596-0268 (TTY 711) or send a letter to the health plan at:
- Fair Hearing Coordinator
Dell Children’s Health Plan
3800 Buffalo Speedway, Suite 400
Houston, TX 77098
Please visit our For Providers section for more information.
- Member Services: 1-888-596-0268 (TTY 711)
- Provider Services (Claims Status, Eligibility, and Benefits): 1-888-821-1108
- Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Central time
- Provider Relations Department: 1-512-324-3125
- Utilization Management Department: 1-888-821-1108
- Disease Management Department: 1-888-830-4300
- Behavioral Health Care: 1-888-821-1108
- Superior Vision of Texas: 1-800-879-6901
- Navitus (Pharmacy Benefit Manager): 1-877-908-6023