Do you want to report fraud, waste or abuse?
Let us know if you think a doctor, dentist, pharmacist at a drug store, other health care providers, or a person getting benefits is doing something wrong. Doing something wrong could be fraud, waste or abuse, which is against the law.
For example, tell us if you think someone is:
- Getting paid for services that weren’t given or necessary.
- Not telling the truth about a medical condition to get medical treatment.
- Letting someone else use their Medicaid ID.
- Using someone else’s Medicaid ID.
- Not telling the truth about the amount of money or resources he or she has to get benefits.
To report waste, abuse, or fraud, choose one of the following:
- Call the OIG Hotline at 1-800-436-6184;
- Visit https://oig.hhs.texas.gov/ and click on “Report Fraud” to complete the online form; or
- Report directly to Dell Children’s Health Plan:
Dell Children’s Health Plan
1345 Philomena St., Ste. 305
Austin, TX 78723
To report fraud, waste or abuse, gather as much information as possible.
When reporting about a provider (a doctor, dentist, counselor, etc.) include:
- Name, address and phone number of provider
- Name and address of the facility (hospital, nursing home, home health agency, etc.)
- Medicaid number of the provider and facility, if you have it
- Type of provider (doctor, dentist, therapist, pharmacist, etc.)
- Names and phone numbers of other witnesses who can help in the investigation
- Dates of events
- Summary of what happened
When reporting about someone who gets benefits, include:
- The person’s name
- The person’s date of birth, Social Security Number or case number if you have it
- The city where the person lives
- Specific details about the fraud, waste or abuse