Member Services: 1-855-921-6284 (TTY 7-1-1)
24-Hour Nurse HelpLine: 1-855-712-6700
Call our 24-hour Nurse HelpLine if you need advice on:
- How soon your child needs to care for an illness
- What kind of health care is needed
- What to do to take care of your child before you see the provider
- How you can get the care that is needed
If you or your child has an emergency, you should call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest hospital emergency room right away.
For members who do not speak English, we can help in many different languages and dialects, including Spanish. Interpreter services are also available through the 24-hour Nurse HelpLine.
Behavioral health and substance abuse services
The behavioral health and substance abuse services line is open to members 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-424-1764. It is a free service, in English or Spanish. For other languages, interpreter services are available. If you or your child has a behavioral health emergency, you should call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest hospital emergency room right away.
To get behavioral health services, make an appointment with a doctor in our network. You can find a list of doctors using the Find a Doctor search tool.
Other important phone numbers
- CHIP or STAR Helpline: If you have questions about the CHIP or STAR program or need help choosing or changing health plans, call 1-800-964-2777.
- Pharmacy and prescriptions: If you need help finding a pharmacy, or if you have problems getting prescriptions filled, call us at 1-855-921-6284 (TTY 7-1-1).
- Vision care: If you need help with vision care, call Superior Vision at 1-800-879-6901.
- Dental care: If you have dental questions, call your dental plan.
- CHIP: 1-800-508-6775
- STAR Medicaid: 1-800-516-0165
MCNA Dental: 1-800-494-6262
UnitedHealthcare Dental: 1-877-901-7321
- Your child’s development: If you have questions about your child’s development, call the Texas Early Childhood Intervention Program at 1-800-628-5115.
- Texas Health Steps: The number for Texas Health Steps is 1-877-847-8377 (877-THSteps).
Need help with rides to your health care services?
We can help with rides to the doctor, dentist, hospital, pharmacy and any other place you receive health care services.
Dell Children’s Health Plan will use our transportation vendor, Access2Care, to arrange all travel. To schedule a ride or find out the status of your ride, call 1-844-867-2742.
If you do not speak English, we can help you in many other languages, including Spanish. You can call Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Central time, except for state-approved holidays.
To find out the status of your ride, you can call between 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. Central time Monday through Saturday or anytime you are waiting for a scheduled ride.
Please visit our Providers section for more information.
- Member services: 1-855-921-6284 (TTY 7-1-1)
- Provider services (claims status, eligibility, and benefits): 1-844-781-2343
- Provider relations department: 1-512-324-3125, option 4
- Utilization management department: 1-855-962-4453
- Disease management department: 1-844-564-5212
- Behavioral health care: 1-800-424-1764
- Superior Vision of Texas: 1-877-235-5317, prior auths 1-888-273-2121
- Navitus (PBM): 1-877-908-6023