We are here for pregnant and new moms.
We have benefits to help you through your pregnancy and as a new mom:
- Taking Care of Baby and Me® program
- Prenatal and postpartum visits
- Prescription drug coverage
- Labor and delivery costs
- Regular medical checkups, immunizations, and prescriptions for your baby after birth
Here are the extra benefits we offer — just for Dell Children’s Health Plan members. Limitations and restrictions may apply.
- A 24-hour Nurse HelpLine at 888-596-0268 (TTY 711) to help answer health questions.
- Earn rewards through the Healthy Rewards® program:
- $50 for receiving a prenatal checkup in the first trimester or within 42 days of joining the health plan in any trimester.
- $75 for receiving a postpartum checkup 7 to 84 days after giving birth.
- Dental services: Up to $500 for checkups, X-rays, cleanings, fillings, and extractions each year for CHIP Perinate members ages 19 and older and STAR members ages 21 and older.
- Transportation to doctor visits and pregnancy, birthing, or newborn classes.
- Members that qualify for the federal Lifeline program> can receive a free cellphone with monthly minutes, text messages, and data. This includes unlimited calls and texts (where applicable) to Member Services and member advocates.
- myStrength® web or mobile app to help with stress, anxiety, depression, or substance abuse.
Are you interested in becoming a member?
Helpful resource links
Women, Infants, and Children (WIC): WIC is a nutrition program for pregnant or breastfeeding women and families with kids under 5. WIC helps you make amazing kids!
Breastmilk, Every Ounce Counts: This is a one-stop breastfeeding resource for pregnant or new moms to support their decision to provide breastmilk for their baby.
Healthy Texas Women: The Healthy Texas Women Program can provide some health-care services if you lose Medicaid coverage after you have a baby. HTW clients with a pregnancy in the past 12 months could be eligible for postpartum-care services for up to 12 months.
March of Dimes: The March of Dimes helps moms have full-term pregnancies and healthy babies. They offer information and comfort to families, and research why babies are born too soon or very sick to help stop it from happening in the future.
Seton Baby Talk: Seton offers useful information and resources to help make your labor and delivery safer.
If you already have CHIP or STAR Medicaid, you can change your health plan at any time. Just call the CHIP/STAR Medicaid Helpline at 800-964-2777 and tell them you want to become a member of Dell Children’s Health Plan.