The Pediatric Consultation and Referral Service (PCRS) at the Dell Children’s Medical Center of Central Texas is a specialized group of pediatricians dedicated to the care of hospitalized children and adolescents. As faculty members of The University of Texas at Austin – Dell Medical School, Pediatric Residency Training Program, PCRS physicians actively teach medical students and resident physicians. At the forefront of shaping the future of pediatric care, the PCRS team offers the latest treatment options and care practices to improve the quality of care of your patients. When patients are admitted to the hospital under the care of PCRS, they will receive medical care from a team of resident physicians and medical students led by the PCRS attending physician.
Created to address the specialized needs of hospitalized children, PCRS has been serving children and families throughout Central Texas since 1997. As hospital-based pediatricians, we are dedicated to providing patients with the highest level of medical care in a compassionate, family-centered environment.
Community Pediatricians and family practitioners who choose to refer their patients needing hospitalization to PCRS do so because the PCRS physician is highly available, skilled in providing quality hospital care, and effective in keeping the primary physician fully informed. Through this service, the children’s hospital and PCRS are able to assist community physicians in their commitment to care for an increasing pediatric population.
A PCRS physician may be asked to care for hospitalized children as the primary attending physician or as a general pediatric consultant to a subspecialist or community pediatrician.
- Dedication to the highest level of medical care for your child through 24-hour on-site resident physician coverage
- Each physician receives immediate access to the patient through Board certified and board eligible pediatricians
- High quality family-centered care utilizing the unique resources of the Dell Children’s Medical Center of Central Texas
- Immediate, easy access to a member of our PCRS group for hospital consultation and/or referral or for telephone consultation on patients who do not necessarily need hospitalization.
- Optimal contact with the referring physician, including telephone contact within hours of referral and prompt telephone, fax and written communication as desired by the referring physician
- Access to other subspecialty consultants when agreed upon by the primary care physician