1,502 People Reached Overall Since March 2016
The Center for Resiliency at Dell Children’s Hospital support staff struggling with the hard realities of pediatric care. The Center offers workshops, retreats, and individual counseling. These services are opportunities for nurses and physicians to strengthen teams, work through trauma and learn best-practice strategies for self-care. For information on events and activities, please check the calendar or contact us.
Supporting Our Staff
Founded in 2016 by Rev. Krista Gregory, the Center’s goal is to reduce staff burnout with emotional and spiritual support. Recent statistics show that the everyday stresses of the healthcare industry have a detrimental effect on staff: in 2014 over 55% of physicians reported having one or more symptoms of burnout. Because protecting and strengthening staff is instrumental for long-term success, the Center supports and engages caregivers to ensure that staff remain healthy and thriving for years to come.
A Multifaceted Approach
The Center offers various programs and events to staff. For further information, or to enroll, please check the calendar or contact us.
- Resiliency Rounds
- Resiliency Rounds are a monthly, departmental opportunity for teams to check in with one another and focus on developing and deepening working relationships. We discuss strategies and best practices for staff to grow together as a department.
- Women Rising, for Dell Children’s female physicians to share stories and discuss struggles.
- Mortals in Medicine, a storytelling event held quarterly for people who work in healthcare. if you are a medical professional, come hear amazing storytellers in the medical field share profound & inspiring experiences that have shaped their career. Open to healthcare professionals in the Austin area.
- Schwartz Rounds
- An approach based off the Schwartz Center model, Schwartz Rounds is a bimonthly panel discussion tailored to a topic that gives the audience a chance to participate in expressing their experiences. Schwartz Rounds are popular interactive large-group discussions that allow a large group to process and work through difficult experiences.
- We offer training with continuing education credits. “Professional Boundaries: The Many Shades of Gray,” focusing on boundaries and burnout in the workplace. 6 Week Resiliency Training, gain tools for preventing burnout and managing stress.
- We offer individual one-on-one counseling sessions for staff. Often, counseling will be a component of Resiliency Rounds meetings, but is always available to physicians and nurses in need of emotional and spiritual support. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment.
See Our Calendar for Upcoming Events/Workshops/Rounds