Under various names and at several locations in Austin, TX, we have a long history of providing care for advanced childhood cancer and blood disorders.
- 1984 – Austin Children’s Care Center opens in Brackenridge Hospital as the first pediatric cancer and blood disorder program in Central Texas.
- 1993 – The Children’s Cancer Center was established in Children’s Hospital of Austin; in 1996, the center is moved to The Park, located in the basement of the hospital.
- 1993 – Children’s Hospital of Austin becomes an official Children’s Oncology Group (COG) research site.
- 2006 – The LIVESTRONG Survivorship Clinic is established.
- 2007 – Children’s Hospital of Austin closes, Dell Children’s Medical Center opens. The Children’s Blood & Cancer Center (CBCC) outpatient clinic opens in the Strictly Pediatrics building.
- 2010 – Texas Child Study Center/University of Texas at Austin opens a unique embedded behavioral clinic inside the CBCC outpatient clinic, offering comprehensive medical and mental health care under one roof.
- 2015 – The Arthur H. Dilly Chair in Pediatric Oncology is established at the University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School.