This is a great recipe to bring as a holiday gift! Have your children help with the measuring and drizzling. These nuts make a healthy treat by themselves, or can be chopped and served on salad.
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon, ground
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 cup pecan halves
- Optional: dash of cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, maple syrup, water, vanilla, spices and salt, stirring to combine.
- In a medium-large saucepan over medium heat, toast pecans for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Drizzle the sugar mixture into the nuts for about 15 seconds, until the pecans are thoroughly coated.
- Spread the pecans on a piece of aluminum foil to cool.
- Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container.