Tangy twist on kid’s favorite food! Even little children can help make this festive- bright pink recipe.
- 2 pounds golden delicious apples – peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 ½ teaspoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Peel, core, and cut apples into 1- inch chunks.
- Stir apples, cranberries, sugar, orange juice, and cinnamon together in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low, and cook until apples and cranberries are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Mash cranberry mixture with a fork to make a chunky sauce.