There are many ways to enjoy the holidays – why not try out some healthier versions of holiday traditions and recipes?
Let’s start with an old favorite, sweet potatoes!
Maple-Pecan Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup orange juice concentrate
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Lightly oil a 9 by 13-inch glass baking dish.
- Peel sweet potatoes, slice into 1 ½ inch pieces. Arrange sweet potatoes in an even layer in glass baking dish. Combine maple syrup, butter, orange juice concentrate, pecans and salt in small bowl. Pour the mixture over the sweet potatoes; toss to coat.
Cover and bake the sweet potatoes for the first15 minutes. Uncover, stirring every 15 minutes, until tender, 45 to 50 minutes more.
Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Just before serving, reheat at 350°F in oven for 30 minutes, or in microwave until hot, about 10 minutes.