Looking for ways to spice up your summer with some healthy salsa? CBCC Dietitian Rhone Levin suggests trying a mango Salsa.
Recently Becky Nichols, with the Loving Libbie’s Fun Time Food Truck, and her young assistant Emily, demonstrated for the clinic how to make it. Apparently it was a hit with everyone! Watch mango salsa in the making.
- 1 cup chopped ripe mango
- 1 large, firm tomato, seeded, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (may substitute canola oil)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro or parsley (stems removed), chopped
- Pinch of sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper, or to taste
- In medium bowl, mix together all ingredients
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to blend flavors before serving
- Yield 2 ½ cups
recipe from American Institute for Cancer Research