Athletic Enhancement & ACL Injury Prevention
WHO and WHAT
ATHLETES — AGES 12 – 18 YEARS OLD
Training program will include:
- Body & Jump Mechanics
- Plyometric drills
- Strength training
- Balance awareness
* All athletes will receive a sports injury test report pre & post-training
WHEN and WHERE?
12 sessions from July 8th – August 2nd
Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday
TIMES: 3:00 – 4:30 pm
CHASCO Family YMCA
1812 N Mays St
Round Rock, TX 78664
LAST DAY TO REGISTER IS JULY 2nd!
EMAIL QUESTIONS: ACLprevention@ascension.org
PHONE: (512) 324-9999 x 87816
COST: $200 (Mail payment to: Dell Children’s Medical Center, Rehab Services Department, Chris Scott 2k060, 4900 Mueller Blvd, Austin TX 78723)
- Over 200,000 Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) injuries occur per year.
- Over 50,000 debilitating ACL injuries occur in high school and collegiate female athletes.
- Girls have 4-8x increased risk of ACL injury compared to boys playing similar sports.
- ACL injuries cost over $50,000 for surgery & rehab.
Young athletes with ACL reconstruction:
- Rehab recover time 9 months à 1 year
- 1/3 will decide not to return to competitive sports
- Sit out an entire season
- Decrease chance of scholarship or opportunity to play at the next level
- Experience lower academic performance
- Increase risk of long-term disability
Mechanism of ACL Injury
- Faulty biomechanics and technique
- Pivoting with knee extended and foot planted
- Sudden change of direction or cutting with sudden stop with poor body control
- Landing from jump with knee falling inward and twisting