Dell Children’s Medical Center of Central Texas opened in 2007 to meet the demands of one of the fastest growing regions in the country and to realize the community’s vision for a world-class hospital dedicated to the specialized health care needs of children, right here in Austin. But Central Texas is continuing to grow with more kids needing more types of care. Our expansion helps us keep pace with the growth in our region, respond to rising patient volumes, provide additional space for patient care and bring new programs to Central Texas like the only Acute Care Pediatric Rehabilitation Unit.
The new bed tower makes it possible for Dell Children’s to create and expand programs critical to meet the growing needs of this region so that kids of all ages can stay close to home and family for health care.
- Expansion of the Children’s Comprehensive Epilepsy Center
- Updated Epilepsy Monitoring Unit
- Epilepsy Play Room
- Region’s first and only Acute Care Pediatric Rehabilitation Unit
- Dedicated inpatient care
- Toddler Rehab
- Therapy Gym
- More family-centered care
- Dedicated space for families – lounges, refrigerators, computer workstations, laundry facilities
Tour the South Tour