Dell Children's is the first hospital in the world to achieve LEED® Platinum Certification.
Dell Children’s Is Green
What’s a healthy child without a healthy world to live in?
Dell Children’s Medical Center of Central Texas is proud to be the first hospital in the world to earn platinum certification from the U.S. Green Building Council for outstanding Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED). This designation means that we have exceeded environmental standards in five areas: sustainable site development, water savings, energy efficiency, selection of materials and resources and indoor environmental quality.
To learn more about how a healthy building can promote the health of children – and, really, the whole world – look for all 21 signs located throughout our hospital.
In the News
See what media across the country have said about Dell Children’s green building:
- 50 of the Greenest Hospitals in America 2015
- Dell’s New Green Building Earns LEED Gold Certification
- Dell Children’s Achieves LEED Platinum
- Dell Children’s Medical Center First in the World to
Earn LEED for Health Care Platinum Designation
- Austin Children’s Hospital Earns First LEED-HC Platinum Certification