Dell Children's Medical Center of Central Texas invites all college students, 18 years and older, to participate in our College Volunteer Program. In addition to making a difference in the community, students will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience through volunteering. College volunteers work in many exciting areas throughout the hospital. First-time volunteers are required to volunteer in one of our Hospitality Areas for the duration of the first semester of volunteer work. Returning volunteers are given the opportunity to experience volunteering in many other departments, including the ER, Nursing Units, Physical Therapy and many more. Click here to read job descriptions. No matter where you volunteer, you will be making an enormous impact on the families, patients and staff of Dell Children's Medical Center.
At this time we are not accepting college volunteer applications. We will post a notice on this site when opportunities become available. We encourage you to check back in December, 2013.
Requirements for College Volunteers:
Please note: do not submit any of the items below to our office at this time. You will be notified of the process through our website when we have volunteer opportunities available.
- Submit an application when it is placed on line. We will post the application on line when we have volunteer opportunities for college students.
- Commit to volunteer once a week for a 3-4 hour shift during the duration of the semester. College volunteers will be committing to an entire semester.
Complete general hospital orientation with Volunteer Coordinator prior to volunteering.
- Consent to a criminal background check (CBC) provided by the Texas Department of Public Safety for a $5.00 fee (non-refundable). You will pay this fee prior to beginning your volunteer service with us.
- Submit a current (within the past 12 months) TB test. TB test must be a prick/scratch test. Seton is unable to accept blood drawn tests or chest x-rays.
- Purchase a DCMC Volunteer shirt which can be purchased for $15 at the Volunteer Office. Checks may be made payable to: DCMC Volunteer Services. You will purchase your shirt after attending a required orientation.
- Obtain a SETON photo ID badge; the badge is issued by the Security Office and allows free parking on-site.
- Submit proof of immunizations for mumps, measles, rubella and chicken pox. (Your college or university Health Service Center can provide you with these records).
- A letter of recommendation from a professor, coach, employer, supervisor or counselor/advisor. Recommendations must be written as a letter to the attention of the Dell Children's Medical Center Volunteer Department.
One of the following documents:
- An unofficial transcript from the previous semester
- A grade report
- A class schedule for the upcoming semester
**** On all of the above replace numbers 2 and 3 with dots to be consistent with the previously listed requirements for college volunteers
For more information about becoming a College Volunteer, contact the Volunteer Office at (512) 324-0161 or email our office.