We have been blessed with so many volunteers we are unable to accept applications at this time. Please check back on a regular basis. We will post a notice on this page as soon as opportunities open up
Requirements for Dell Children's Volunteers:
- Pledge to volunteer at least once a week over a 12 month period.
- Complete a general hospital orientation. Attend volunteer orientation on Saturday, January 19 from 10 am to noon.
- Attend a placement meeting with our Volunteer Coordinator. You will be given instructions for scheduling this meeting at the orientation.
- Wear an assigned uniform (a Dell Children's Medical Center Volunteer Shirt with khaki pants. Shirt available for purchase for $20.00 at the volunteer office. You will obtain and pay for your uniform at the time of your placement meeting.
- Consent to a criminal background check (CBC) provided by the Texas Department of Public Safety for a $5.00 fee; This fee is due at the time your placement interview is conducted.
- Submit records regarding immunizations for measles, mumps and rubella. Please bring your records to the orientation. If you were born prior to 1957 and have exhausted all efforts to locate your immunization records we will discuss your options at the orientation.
- Must provide proof of 2 current TB skin tests; further detailed information regarding TB skin tests will be discussed at orientation. You may visit your doctor or a clinic to obtain your first TB test prior to the orientation. A TB test is required prior to beginning volunteer work. If you obtain a TB test prior to the orientation please bring a copy with you.
- You MUST wear your SETON Photo ID Badge at all times; the badge is issued by the Security Office and allows free parking on-site
To become a member of the Dell Children's Medical Center of Central Texas you must complete the application through our on-line process.