Are you working on getting to a healthier weight?
How can I join TEEN group?
Requirements for group:
- Be a teen, (age 13-18) with a parent or guardian who can attend meetings with you
- All referrals for the group must come through your primary care provider (PCP)\
- Classified as needing to get to a healthier weight by your doctor or health care provider
- Have the desire to learn more about how to make positive changes
What can you learn in our group?
The TEEN group is not a nutrition or fitness program. It focuses on the challenges of making healthy behavior changes and helps teens build skills in the following areas:
- Motivation: Increase your motivation to follow through and reach your health goals.
- Mindfulness: Eating mindfully can help you resist emotional eating.
- Emotion regulation: Learn to cope with difficult emotions without using food or unhealthy behaviors.
- Self-Image: Learn to accept yourself and recognize your positive qualities.
- Communication: Parents, other family members and teens learn to support each other in being healthier. Teens learn to meet their goals with the help of family and other loved ones
The TEEN group is open to all interested and eligible teens in the Austin area. The cost to participate is only $5 per session.