Accidental injuries are the leading cause of death and serious injury to children 14 and under. Most childhood injuries can be easily prevented by taking simple steps to use safety equipment and provide close supervision.
The Mission of the Injury Prevention Program at Dell Children’s Medical Center of Central Texas is to lessen the burden of pediatric injury in the Central Texas community by:
- Performing injury surveillance in the Central Texas area
- Providing injury prevention education and resources to the community
- Ensuring patients at Dell Children’s have access to safety resources
- Conducting innovative research that advances the field of injury prevention, and
- Advocating at the local, state and national levels to promote policies and statutes that protect children.
Within Dell Children’s Medical Center, the Injury Prevention Program is an integral part of the Trauma Service.
For more information about the Injury Prevention Program, please contact the Injury Prevention Department at 512-324-0189 or email Stewart Williams, Injury Prevention Manager.