Dell Children’s Medical Center is considered the leader in all medical aspects of diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of all forms of child abuse. We are a key community partner in an effective community-wide interdisciplinary team that strives to recognize, treat, and prevent child abuse. Some of the main community partners include The Center for Child Protection, Child Protective Services, Law Enforcement and the District Attorney’s Office.
- Comprehensive medical history
- Medical assessment
- Recommendations regarding injury/neglect/failure to thrive
- Comprehensive psychosocial history
- Social assessment
- Liaison with staff and community agencies as needed
ReferralsWho refers to the outpatient CARE Program?
- Inpatient Providers
- Child Protective Services
- Law Enforcement
- District Attorney’s Office
- Suspected physical abuse
- Suspected medical abuse
- Suspected neglect
- The provider or agency representative will call the CARE Team Line.
- The CARE Team staff will arrange an outpatient appointment in the CARE Clinic.
- All CARE Clinic appointments take place at the Center for Child Protection in the onsite medical unit.