Transition from Pediatric to Adult-based Care
Conference broadcast hosted by Dell Children’s Medical Center of Central
Thursday, October 2nd and Friday, October 3rd
Pat Hayes Education Center
4900 Mueller Blvd.
Austin, TX 78723
Now in its 15th year, the conference is acclaimed as one the best resources on navigating the healthcare system in the transition from pediatric to adult care for individuals with chronic illness and disability. The conference will be broadcast at Dell Children’s for healthcare providers (physicians, nurses, social workers) and families in central Texas for free!
Physicians in internal medicine, family practice, pediatrics psychiatry, and psychiatry; other health care providers including, psychologists, social workers, nurses, dietitians,case managers, counselors, and primary care providers; youth and young adults with chronic illness and their parents/guardians.
At the conclusion of the conference, participants should be able to:
- Identify the current state of healthcare transition in the U. S., including legal and financial issues.
- Develop a practice-based framework for implementing healthcare transition services.
- Evaluate youth and young adults with special health care needs presenting with complex medical conditions and identify appropriate transition services.
- Identify barriers and successful strategies when placing youth and young adults with special health care needs with behavioral health and intellectual disabilities into employment, housing, and available medical transition services.
- Identify the core elements and measures of a quality improvement assessment.