Dell Children's is the first hospital in the world to achieve LEED® Platinum Certification.
When Dell Children’s Medical Center broke ground on the Robert Mueller Development site in 2004, the Seton Family of Hospitals had a vision of creating a “green” hospital which would set new standards. Over the last several years, world-renowned medical professionals, architects, environmentalists and elected officials have toured Dell Children’s to learn what it takes to build and operate a LEED certified hospital.
In the News
See what media across the country are saying about Dell Children’s green building.
- Gail Vittori – Time Magazine
- 14 Steps to Greener Hospitals
- Dell Children’s Medical Center enables healing for both patients and the environment
- First, Do No Harm
- Green Hospital Has High Hopes
- Texas Society of Architects- “Sustainable Healthcare Design
- Green Guidelines Take Root in Austin
- Transforming a Browningfield
- Sick Building Syndrome: Healing Health Facilities